If you are experiencing the “Cannot complete login due to an incorrect username or password” error in your Veeam Backup jobs, there are several things you can check to fix this issue:
- Hypervisor Password: Verify if the credentials you use to connect your hypervisor to Veeam are valid. Run through the settings of the hypervisor under the Infrastructure Tab
- Hypervisor Connectivity: Verify that Veeam is able to connect to the Hypervisor. This can also be verified by running through the settings of the hypervisor under the Infrastructure Tab.
- Verify Guess OS credentials: If you are using VSS Guest Processing, you can test the Guest OS Credentials in the Backup job on the Guest Processing tab and select Test Now.
- Verify Storage Credentials: If the destination repository is an SMB share, check that the storage is connecting under the Backup Infrastructure tab by running through the repository settings.
- If Standalone Veeam Agent to Cloud Provider: Re-enter the cloud credentials in the job. If these fail, the credentials will need to be updated by the provider.
If the error persists, please reach out to Managecast and we can assist in troubleshooting and resolving the issue.