If a user is set to back up a SharePoint but doesn’t have a SharePoint plan, you’ll start seeing warnings pop up in your Veeam for Microsoft 365 backups. There are two options for resolving the “User ‘USERNAME’ does not have a valid Microsoft 365 license with SharePoint plan enabled” warning.
Option 1: Contact Microsoft to add a SharePoint plan to the current users’ license.
Option 2: If the SharePoint site does not need to be backed up, or is not licensed to, then you can exclude the SharePoint for the user. Below are the steps to exclude a SharePoint for a specific user:
If you are backing up your entire organization:
- Navigate to the Select objects to exclude tab.
- Click the Add button to open the users list, select the user that is experiencing the warning, and select click Add.
- Select the user and Click the Edit button. Check Site to exclude, hit OK, and save the job settings.
If you have specific objects selected to backup:
- Navigate to the Select objects to back up tab.
- Select the user from the list and click the Edit button. Uncheck Site to exclude, hit OK, and save the job settings.
If the warning persist, please reach out to Managecast and we are happy to help resolve this and any other Veeam issues.