The error message “Veeam Task failed. Failed to expand object VM NAME. Error: Host ‘HOST NAME’ either not a cluster or cluster services is unavailable” typically occurs when Veeam Backup & Replication is unable to communicate with the virtualization host or cluster.
Here are some steps you can take to fix this issue:
- Check the connectivity between the Veeam Backup & Replication server and the virtualization host or cluster. Ensure that the host or cluster is powered on, and that there are no network connectivity issues. To do this, navigate to the “Virtual Infrastructure” view in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, and make sure that the host or cluster is added and configured correctly.
- Ensure that the account used to connect to the virtualization host or cluster has sufficient permissions to perform the necessary actions. You can check this by logging in to the virtualization host or cluster using the same account and verifying that you have the necessary permissions.
- Verify cluster configuration: If the target host is part of a cluster, make sure that the cluster configuration is correct, and that all necessary cluster services are running.
- Check for Windows updates: Verify that both the Veeam Backup and Replication server and the target host are up-to-date on Windows updates.
- Restart the Veeam Backup and Replication services: Restarting the Veeam Backup and Replication services may help resolve any connectivity issues between the Veeam Backup and Replication server and the target host.
If the error persists, please reach out to Managecast and we can assist in troubleshooting and resolving the issue.