From time to time, we will come across a management agent that either refuses to connect, or installs and does not report the Veeam Backup and Replication information. Below are a few troubleshooting steps we try to get these running and reporting correctly.
· Ensure the Checkbox to allow the Veeam Backup & Replication to send the logs is checked under the Service Provider settings
· Restart the Veeam Management Agent service
· Uninstall and Reinstall the Veeam Management Agent using a new installer generated from the VSPC
· Check that the management agent port, default port 6180, is not being blocked
· In some occasions, the WMI Server may need to be reinstalled. This can be down by running the command “C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Veeam.Backup.WmiServer.exe”
This does not encompass all of the possible reasons that your management agent may not be connecting. If you would like assistance in resolving this, or any other Veeam issues, please reach out to our team of Certified Veeam Engineers Support@Managecast.com